Only YOU can prevent the Evil(and secretly mushy) Decepticons from eating all my pie!

Saturday, September 1, 2007

.:The Apocalyptic Chronicles:. Chapter 14


Chapter Fourteen: Inside the mansion..



We stepped in the mansion and the huge doors behind us closed shut. No way out now.

Once inside, we were amazed at how beautiful the place was from inside, even though it had the sense of spookyness circulating all around the atmostphere. A huge chandelier was hanging from above and it looked like it was made of solid gold with diamond decorations and crystals light bulbs. The light was bright and it was the main light source of the living room. We didn't know where to begin. To our left was a platinum door. To our right, a silver door. Infront of us was the hallway which ends with huge stairs with red carpeting. The walls were painted gold and the curtains were red all around.

"I suggest we split up, Jacovich and Leslie, you both go to the left. Markus and Nadderine go right. Zhenhowsky, you're with me and we're going the middle. Don't forget to frequently report through your walkie talkies. Any questions before we move on?"

Everyone shook their head and off we went.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacovich & Leslie

We went to the platinum door and twisted the round handle knob. It felt cold. I looked behind and saw the others walking towards their own paths and then Leslie patted my shoulder, "It's ok, they can take care of themselves."

I pushed the door aside and got in the room with Leslie right behind me. The foul stench of rotten flesh could be smelled. Damn, and I thought this was a 5 star mansion. The room was quite dim and I couldn't really see where I was going. Leslie stepped on something and it made a squishy sound. She switched on her flashlight and shone it on her feet only to find that she had stepped on a brain which was not flattened and seeped blood on the carpetting making it look much darker than before. She examined the trail of blood and we followed it and it lead to a dead body sitting by a door. The top part of his skull was cut open and the space where the brain used to be was now filled with maggots and worms. I could clearly see claw markings on his chest tearing his chest open. We inspected the corpse and found out that this dead guy was part of a special operations team from out of town. Wonder what they came for?

While examining the body, Leslie and I heard growling noise from behind us, Devil's Cerberus! We quickly turned around and Leslie was instantly knocked away and flew a few feet from me. I turned my attention to the DC..I was..shocked to see it..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Markus & Nadderine

Markus pushed the silver door and we went into the room.

"You think we're gonna find anything in this place? It looks more like a freaking hotel than a spooky mansion in here." He said while staring up at the brightly lit ceiling which was filled with paintings of clouds.

"Yeah of course, don't you watch movies? The mansions always hold secrets!" I replied.

At the end of the room was a really huge mirror which was as tall as the entrance doors!

I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection but I also saw something behind us. We looked back and saw nothing but on the mirror we could clearly see it. It was..an angry mob of zombies!

Confused and curious, We turned back yet again to find..nothing.

"What the hell's going on!?!?" Markus said.

"Don't ask me. I'm as confused as you are." I replied looking puzzled.

We turned back and tried walking but then we bumped into an invisible wall. What the hell! I touched the invisible wall that we tried to walk through and then it materialized into..a mirror! Crap. Whoever's playing these tricks on us is seriously gonna get his/her ass kicked!

"Nadderine! How the hell are we gonna progress? Both sides are closed by mirrors."

"Dude like I said, I.dont.know! Someone's playing tricks with us!"

Suddenly we could hear an insane high pitched laughter echoing the room.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Once you're in, you'll NEVER get out. Aaaa hahahahahhaha"

Who in their freakin mind is making that insane laughter? It's making me go crazy!

"Do not fear my young guests. You won't die without a reason! You will be food, for my pets, my minions, MY ZOMBIES! AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHA"

The mirror behind us shattered and zombies started walking out of the open space. Our backs were now facing the mirror that had just materialized earlier, and now, it too had shattered but revealed Froagers instead of zombies. Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit! I can't handle this insane amount of freaks with just my blades.

"I'm tired of spewing flame out of my flamethrower. It's time to have a little bit of fun!" And with that Markus pulled an M249 light machine gun that was hanging on the wall next to him.

I didn't realise it was hanging there before, I guess that was just another trick.....wait..

"Markus!!!" I yelled and I knew what happened.

The ground below us separated. It was a trapdoor! And this was a trap! We fell down into the darkness, screaming our lungs out. What was waiting below us? Spikes? Aligators? Whatever it's gonna be, I know it wont be nice..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charles & Zhenhowsky

We walked up the stairs at the end of the hallway and arrived in what seemed to be, the dining hall. From one hallway to another, this place is huge! The dining hall had a long table in the middle. The cloth was red and the plates and cuttleries were gold. This place sure is high class!

Zhenhowsky had a worried look on his face. "Err Charles, no report yet from the others."

"You're right" I replied and I took my walkie talkie out and clicked on the button and spoke into the mic.

"Guys? Hello? Anyone? Report in immediately!"

All I heard was the static sound of noone responding.

After a long pause, someone finally replied

"krsshshshs Charles krhsshhshshs its Jacovich! Krshshhs problem krsshshhs here krshshshhshsh AHHH!!"

The transmition ended with a fierce growling sound.

"Zhenhowsky! We have to help him! Quick turn back!"

We turned back but we never realised the door behind us had been closed shut. Shit! Jacovich needs our help but we can't turn back!

Zhenhowsky stopped for a second and started thinking. "We should just continue, there's no other option now but to move on."

As hard as it was to accept it, Zhenhowsky was right. We had to move on.

We walked and got into..yet another hallway. This hallway lead to a huge hall with polished looking floor. A ball room?

Zhenhowsky didn't realise that he stepped on a triggering tile and then the floor beneath him opened up and he fell down. I was quick enough to grab his arm but I was losing energy.

Just then, a voice echoed the hall

"Charles, Charles. I've been expecting you old friend."

It was Baker!

A bullet whizzed past my ear and it shocked me too much that I let go of Zhenhowsky's arm. Shit! Not again!

"Zhenhowsky! Don't you dare die down there! We'll meet up later! Don't worry bout me!"

The ground closed up and the hole was now gone.

Baker appeared out of one of the pillars holding a cutlass with a golden handle, you know, those swords that the sailors used in pirate ships.

"I see that you survived the trap that I set up in the lab. Too bad the old man had to die. I knew he was going to rat out and tell you everything about our secret plans, so I killed him. Ahahaha don't worry, he proved useless anyway."

"Baker you son of a bitch!"


To be continued..

No comments:

Looking for older posts?

~My Music~