Only YOU can prevent the Evil(and secretly mushy) Decepticons from eating all my pie!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

.:The Apocalyptic Chronicles:. Chapter 11


Chapter Eleven: One mistake forever remembered.



I was holding a gun for the first time, it was an Ak47. I was only ten years old.
My dad let me hold his Ak47 and try to aim down the sights. The thrill of holding the grip of the gun and resting the stock on my shoulder, it was so exciting. As I looked down the sights, I held the trigger lightly with my index finger, just playing with it you could say, but I accidentally clicked it once and the bullet went flying and hit the target. It was an accurate shot, on my first time holding a gun nonetheless. My dad was impressed cause he'd never seen anyone shoot accurately on their first try. The tin bursted and showered the ground with the cola drink as the bullet pierced it's alluminium body.

At the age of 18, I was sent to special training with the army in Australia. That's where I met Dominic, he was sleeping on the bottom bed of the bunk bed when I arrived at the room. I had to take the top bed and I always hated high sleeping places but oh well, I had to get used to it. I woke him up to introduce myself while he just told me his name and fell back to sleep. Over the years we would train everyday, in the shooting range, jogging every morning, you know the normal routines. He always favoured close combat while I loved long range. The satisfaction of making ur bullet hit it's target from far was way better than shooting someone point blank with a shotgun.

Then a few days ago we were dispatched by the army to backup two people having a serious problem in Arachno. Never been there before but I heard strange things were happening. Dom and I were to join Jacovich and Markus and our mission to rid the place of freaky experiments started on that day.

But he's gone now, killed by the damn zombies and I wasn't able to save him. Why didn't I help my best friend? We always had each others back but not this time. I failed not only my duty, but also as a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to defend myself before they could kill me. As I scrambled up and shot each one of them, 2 more came. I was running out of energy, but it wasn't the end for me as a figure walked up to them and shot them both with a satsifying sound of the shotgun shells pounding their hearts. He came up to me and helped me up. "You can't even take care of yourself youngster.."
The old man from before? What the hell? He saved my ass, but tried to kill me earlier on? He really IS insane.
"Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I'm just an insane old man who doesnt know what he's doing. Right? Well I got alot to tell you kid cause apparently I had something to do with this mess. I was one of the chief scientist in Harp & Chronic. That's right, the organization behind all this.."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just layed there. Sitting on the ground with the steel door behind me. Everyone else tried to cheer me up but what the hell? I just lost one of the best rifleman I've seen. But more importantly..I lost a good friend. He was always mysterious but after a few days of knowing him, he's actually quite a nice guy. I'm gonna miss all those crazy explosions that he would cause.

"Charles, we need to move on and find out more clues. I know that we should stop for awhile to remember Zhenhowsky but what about the mission? The fate of the world is in our hands.." Markus said.

"You guys can go search around this stupid lab for information. For all we know, this might just be some useless place for more of those experiments." I said while standing up.

"How long has it been? 2 years, Charles?"

A voice suddenly could be heard from the dark shadows. It was cold and ruthless, yet it sounded familiar.

"Don't tell me you can't remember this voice, my young friend. Let me refresh your memory, Officer Charles, report to my desk immediately."

No way..it can't be.. That was 2 years ago on my first day on the force!

"Hahaha I can see that you remember now yes? You had so much potential but a little too..much.."

"Sergeant Baker! What are you doing here?!"

"Hahahaha," He stepped out of the shadows with 12 Elite INfectors behind him, "You still don't get it do you? How can you save your friends when you can't even save yourself. Well enough of this nonsense, if you can survive this, you won't be lucky next time. Till we meet again my young rookie officer. That is if you're not dead by then. Wahahahaha" With that he just gave hand orders to the 12 Elite INfectors, most likely ordering them to kill us.

Shit! I had to think fast. The 2 corners near the location we were at could provide us with some cover for the time being. "Leslie! You, and Jacovich go that side while Markus, Nadderine and I go this side. Quick before they start firing their Mp7's!"

We all rolled to each side of the corners to get to cover and as soon as Jacovich's ass was behind cover, the Elite INfectors started shooting us like hell. Bits and pieces of concrete flew everywhere and the tables and paperworks were torn to pieces. I could see Sergeant Baker walking and disappearing into the darkness. What's my next move?!


To be continued..

No comments:

Looking for older posts?

~My Music~