Only YOU can prevent the Evil(and secretly mushy) Decepticons from eating all my pie!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

.:The Apocalyptic Chronicles:. Chapter 10


Chapter Ten: Trials and Tribulations




They won't stop shooting! Those fucking assholes, don't their guns run out of bullets or something?!

Damn, we'll have to shoot back as soon as they stop for even just a second. Once we had that opportunity, Jacovich leaned over the wall and started unleashing all hell. Bullets started flying over to the INfected's general location and hitting one of the heavy gunners right in the heart. Blood oozed out and stared squirting all around even smearing some on his teammate's shirt.
Jacovich leaned back, reloading "Alright! Who's next? Gimme some covering fire while I reload!"
"With pleasure," Zhenhowsky said while rolling out of the corner and crouching as he stopped rolling. He raised his AK47 up to eye level so that he could aim down the sights. A single bullet left the barrel as soon as he clicked the trigger and it flew right into the chest of another heavy gunner while he was reloading. The bullet struck the INfected's heart with extreme accuracy and the force was so strong it pushed him back a few feet.

The Elite INfector ordered the other 3 INfected to rush in to us, weapons blazing. Insane! They followed his order and ran to us with their guns shooting everywhere.

One bullet whizzed past my head, nearly making it a headshot if i hadn't crouched as quickly as possible. My life would've ended right there! The 3 INfected riflemen were out of ammo and didn't bother reloading, so they tore out their masks and showed their ugly face yet again. Their jaws still chomping the air as always and leaping out trying to strike anyone. One of the INfected nearly mauled Nadderine, but Markus pushed her aside while pointing his flamethrower right into the INfected's mouth. He released the flame and it entered the INfected's body, burning him from the inside and literally exploding. Pieces of body parts showered the scene like always.
"Thanks" was all Nadderine could say as she was standing up.

Leslie and I backed each other up as we shot 2 of the INfected that was on either side of us. My MP5 rounds made holes on the INfected's chest but still not able to hit the heart, so I kicked him down and took out my Mk23 and shot his heart as it was exposed so bloodily. Leslie emptied round after round of her dual handguns. The bullets hit the INfected's heart 4 times as blood gushed out ever so forcefully.

The Elite INfector was left. He aimed his MP7 at me and shot a 3 round burst. 3 bullets flew to me hitting the wall next to me. Shit, how many times has my life been spared? Countless of times! Jacovich and Zhenhowsky aimed their assault rifles at the the INfector and started shooting. All of their 20+ rounds crushed the INFector's heart with extreme satisfaction and he died next to the other 2 heavy gunners that died earlier.

"Everyone alright?" I asked.
"No," Jacovich said, "I haven't eaten my tuna sandwich for today, I'm starved" while pulling out a plastic out of his bag. He unwrapped it and whaddya know? More tuna sandwiches. "Next time I'm packing pie, I miss eating pie.."

Everyone else was ok.

We all continued walking and arrived at some old house that looked quite suspicious. We walked in cautiously and we were suddenly welcomed by a hail of gunfire from the 1st floor. Someone was shooting at us!

"Get out of my house you evil demons from hell! Die!!"

It didn't sound like a zombie or some experiment, sounded more human albeit crazy.

I tried negotiating with him.

"We're not zombies! Or those damn soldiers! We're just normal humans trying to locate some.."

"Shut up! I don't believe you demons!"
A figure walked out of the shadows and it was an old man with a shotgun, he looked normal.
"Hah, I was right! You're all demons that have come to take me away into the darkness! Well you're gonna leave empty handed cause this old man aint goin to hell!" He shot a few more rounds at us but missing badly.

"Old man, Look if we were these "demons" you're talking about, we would've started shooting at you way before we would talk," Zhenhowsky said while raising an eyebrow, "I think I know you're problem! You're insane! You're an old man who's been staying in his house locked up to block out the evil invasion that's going outside! Am I right old man?"

"You think I'm insane? Hah! You're insane! You young demons are just as mischieveous as always! Just die already!" the old man said while falling back as the force of the gunshot pushed him. The bullet he shot hit the ceiling instead of us and dust flew around.

"Charles, I think we should just leave this insane old man all alone here. He doesn't wanna help or anything might as well go find more useful information from zombies." Zhenhowsky laughed.

We left the house and saw more zombies appearing from the far end of the town. Next to the house we just left was some kind of laboratory that we didn't realise till now. The steel door of the lab started closing and INfected soldiers started appearing behind us. Shit! We better get in, there might be useful information in there. "Alright! Everyone, to that lab, now! Before the door closes and the INfected gets to us."

Everyone ran to the door and I was the last to get in, or so I thought. As I looked back, I saw Zhenhowsky tripping over a small hole that could fit his shoe. Fuck! I couldn't leave Zhenhowsky behind! I ran back but I was too late cause the steel door closed infront of me nearly clipping my nose. Damnit! I banged the steel door hoping it would open again. It wouldn't Now Zhenhowsky's outside, injured and being chased by about 3 INfected soldiers carrying AK47's. I could hear shooting outside and I could hear Zhenhowsky screaming. No!! Fucking hell why won't this stupid steel door open!!

It was all my fault, I wasn't quick enough to help him up! Argh! I slumped down infront of the steel door, my head banging on it as the banging echoed the whole lab. Everyone else just kept quiet. I lost another man. First Dominic, now Zhenhowsky. Life's not fair! Life's not fucking fair! He didn't deserve to die like that!


To be continued..

No comments:

Looking for older posts?

~My Music~